Wednesday, October 18, 2006


Awe...The Memories


I had a long day, night, week...After digging my hand thievishly into my sisters box of Honey Nut Chex, all my stresses were carried away. I know, I know...You are probably thinking, "Your sister has her OWN box of cereal" and maybe you are also wondering how one little bite of a breakfast cereal could make it all better. I will tell you how: It took me back to a time in my grandmothers kitchen when I was 12 where I decided I really liked Chex. Now this of course was way before the array of different chex flavors was introduced to our cereal isle. I remember that day like it was yesterday...It was a late night snack while g'ma was asleep and we attempted to make her french toast and polish my uncles toes while he was in dream land.
I remember that night, while indulging in my tasty snack, how much my mom liked the cereal (hints why she bought it). And of course...one memory leads to another and so on and so on. Any thought of my mother and grandmother can make any bad day good! So there you have it...My chain of memories

No comments: