Thursday, February 15, 2007

Yes! I survived Valentine’s Day yet again…And surprisingly enough it wasn’t so bad. My past Valentine’s go something like this: I prepare a great outfit at least two weeks prior to the big day, even though I will probably only be going to work or school. I work myself up to expect some really romantic scene from the movies where the man of my dreams surprises me with roses and wisps me away to some romantic dinner and by about midnight when none of the above goes the way I plan I usually end up sad with a tub of ice cream…how cliché.
Why do I build my self up for a let down? I really have no idea. Most Valentine’s Days in the past I have been single and if I am in a relationship it usually ends up even more disappointing because he didn’t plan anything…nor give me roses. This year I really am with the man of my dreams and much to his dismay he actually was in town for the highly over-rated holiday. And now I think this is how every Valentine’s Day should be: We agreed not to get each other presents and just go out for dinner and spend a good night together. He did mention roses…He said, $80 for a dozen roses?! Are you frickin kidding me…They are just going to die…Sorry babe, no way was I going to get you that.” Oh and I think he also said he is going to get me a lil something which was later followed by “Ya, so I totally didn’t have time to make you that thing. Sorry babe” BUT, he did take me out to a yummy dinner and plan to cuddle by the fire. Now that’s romance for ya…I don’t need no stinkin’ roses! And come midnight…no need for a tub of ice cream!

No comments: