Sunday, February 18, 2007

Let’s be honest here



I am at a loss of words right now….but not really because I am going to write this blog. I have been lying to myself, and a little bit to others and I didn’t even know it. I have been criticizing other people for lying to themselves and didn’t even realize I am doing it myself. I am a hypocrite. I am unhappy with certain things and have just been waiting for things to work themselves out…thinking I can wait it out, suck it up. But when I see someone else is in distress about his (or her) own life I encourage them to fix it because, “How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.” Wow! I wish I was as good as living it out as I am dishing it out...
I am going to school for something that I am not passionate about what so ever and I have been lying to myself about wanting to do this for a lot of reasons. I signed a contract, it’s a lot of money, I thought I would like it, I didn’t want to let anyone down, I, I, I…Excuse after selfish excuse. When in reality it is really hard doing something you are not passionate about doing and in the end, you know you aren’t going to be doing it anyways. Now I have to figure out what I am going to do…sigh...

Food for thought: "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful"

p.s. I miss Ty :-(

No comments: